These are my links for February 22nd through August 2nd:
- The Internet Radio Forum – Index –
tags: reciva internetradio radio internet
- Komplete : Samplers : Kontakt 5 Player | Products – KONTAKT PLAYER is a free application that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
tags: software music audio
- Spitfire Audio — British Drama Toolkit – We can’t write your music for you, but we can help you find your voice. The outstanding British Drama Toolkit provides the most instinctive, immediate and intense connection to the heart of your composition. Created in collaboration with composer Samuel Sim, it features an ensemble dedicated to the emotionally potent sound he is lauded for – but also presents a unique way of interacting with the players, which sets this instrument apart from anything we have created to date. This is not just a group that plays your music; it helps you compose it.
tags: music software composition audio
- BandLab Technologies × Cakewalk | Important Announcement – For more than 30 years, Cakewalk has been the leading developer of powerful and thoughtfully designed products for the modern musician.
Millions of musicians worldwide—including Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers, and engineers—have used Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries.
tags: audio editor free software music
- WordPress Intro and FAQs – DreamHost –
tags: reference wordpress tutorial Tutorials
- Let’s Encrypt – Free SSL/TLS Certificates – Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open Certificate Authority.
tags: free opensource security
- The Disconnect – The Disconnect is an offline-only, digital magazine of commentary, fiction, and poetry. Each issue forces you to disconnect from the internet, giving you a break from constant distractions and relentless advertisements.
tags: design inspiration internet magazine
- The Curry Puffs That Unite Generations | TASTE –
tags: recipe recipes malaysian
- Font Pair – Helps you pair Google Fonts together –
tags: design font fonts google typography
- Onym – Onym is a vast, well-researched collection of resources and tools all about the art of naming things – products, companies, your next pet, whatever.
tags: names naming tools
- How i made that Mirror at the Bazaar Dungeon. – Loki – Digital Mischief Maker –
tags: apps cms publishing text web
- WP Movie Ratings – Paweł Gościcki –
tags: wordpress plugin plugins
- The easiest way to find the perfect outfit | ShopLook –
tags: fashion polyvore
- Second Life — Marketplace Stores Blacklist – Google Sheets –
tags: secondlife sl:shopping sl:Wastelands Wastelands
- Varusteleka.com – Military and outdoors specialists –
tags: shopping clothes military
- Home | URSTYLE –
tags: fashion polyvore
- Mullvad –
tags: privacy proxy security vpn
- For Two Months, I Got My News From Print Newspapers. Here’s What I Learned. – The New York Times – I have spent most days since then getting the news mainly from print, though my self-imposed asceticism allowed for podcasts, email newsletters and long-form nonfiction (books and magazine articles). Basically, I was trying to slow-jam the news — I still wanted to be informed, but was looking to formats that prized depth and accuracy over speed.
It has been life changing. Turning off the buzzing breaking-news machine I carry in my pocket was like unshackling myself from a monster who had me on speed dial, always ready to break into my day with half-baked bulletins.
tags: journalism news newspapers
- Trump and the Evangelical Temptation – The Atlantic – the primary evangelical political narrative is adversarial, an angry tale about the aggression of evangelicalism’s cultural rivals. In a remarkably free country, many evangelicals view their rights as fragile, their institutions as threatened, and their dignity as assailed. The single largest religious demographic in the United States—representing about half the Republican political coalition—sees itself as a besieged and disrespected minority. In this way, evangelicals have become simultaneously more engaged and more alienated.
- Email Charter – We're drowning in email. And the many hours we spend on it are generating ever more work for our friends and colleagues. We can reverse this spiral only by mutual agreement.
Hence this Email Charter.
tags: internet productivity email
- Rasa Malaysia: Easy Delicious Recipes –
tags: recipe recipes malaysia malaysian
- Malaysian Recipe Ideas, Videos, Cooking Tips · Nyonya Cooking –
tags: recipe recipes malaysia malaysian nyonya
These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Hard and Soft Skills in Tech – NewCo Shift – I’ve recently seen a lot of very anxious responses from people in tech at anything which suggests that their “core skills” may be devalued, especially in favor of other skills which they haven’t spent their lives on. Most importantly, this shows up in the argument over “hard” versus “soft” skills. That anxiety is itself a signal of how important this has become.
tags: humanresources engineering technology team skills employment management softwareengineering
- Pope: Indifference a virus that is contagious in our time – Vatican News – “the enemy against which we fight is not only hatred in all of its forms, but even more fundamentally, indifference; for it is indifference that paralyzes and impedes us from doing what is right even when we know that it is right.”
I do not grow tired of repeating, he said “that indifference is a virus that is dangerously contagious in our time, a time when we are ever more connected with others, but are increasingly less attentive to others.”
tags: pope popefrancis indifference
- Reblog, Or: Little Radio Stations In The Night – MORNING, COMPUTER – I’ve seen the idea circulating for a while: come off the streams, own your own platform for your own voice and your own complete statements. It seems like a reactionary step, from some angles. But maybe that great river, The Conversation, was, like every river followed to its source, a dead end. The resurgence of the Republic Of Newsletters may be one aspect of a return to the ocean, dotted with little pirate radio stations broadcasting through the night again.
tags: blog blogging internet warrenellis
- Latin Dictionary and Grammar Resources – Latdict –
tags: language reference latin dictionary
- Mixxx – Free MP3 DJ Mixing Software – Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you're DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
tags: audio music dj
These are my links for September 6th through September 16th:
These are my links for December 8th through December 18th:
- MAX 60 Seconds with Martin Freeman (The Hobbit) – YouTube – Richard Armitage interviews Martin Freeman (new link) Martin interviews Richard
tags: richardarmitage martinfreeman hobbit
- MAX 60 Seconds with Richard Armitage (The Hobbit) – YouTube – Richard Armitage interviews Martin Freeman (new link) Martin interviews Richard
tags: richardarmitage martinfreeman hobbit
- Ever wanted to watch ‘The X-Files’ before? | – Hello, folks! I have compiled a list of possible triggers/fears in EVERY episode of 'The X-Files' so you can watch it!
- The dark side of the internet – Fourteen years ago, a pasty Irish teenager with a flair for inventions arrived at Edinburgh University to study artificial intelligence and computer science. For his thesis project, Ian Clarke created "a Distributed, Decentralised Information Storage and Retrieval System", or, as a less precise person might put it, a revolutionary new way for people to use the internet without detection. By downloading Clarke's software, which he intended to distribute for free, anyone could chat online, or read or set up a website, or share files, with almost complete anonymity.
tags: internet anonymity security privacy
- A Definition of Zionism –
- Christian Zionism –
tags: christianzionism zionism
These are my links for September 5th through September 18th:
- Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre – The Tun Abdul Razak Research Centre, founded in 1938, is the UK-based research and promotion centre of the Malaysian Rubber Board, whose mission is to enhance the competitiveness and viability of the Malaysian rubber industries in the global environment through focused R&D, effective transfer of technology and quality support services
tags: malaysia research rubber
- PocketMags | Digital Magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, PC and Mac –
tags: reading DigitalMagazines Magazine Magazines
- Computer leads to Humans failing Turing Test | Robinince’s Blog – The instant availability of information, as well as instant access to individuals, does come with some minor costs. When information is printed in a book, one imagines that there has been rigorous work done to ensure that it is true or that at least there is enough evidence to argue its truth, though this may not always be the case. To publish on the internet, as my blog clearly demonstrates, sometimes only haste and intent is required.
tags: TuringTest humanity internet socialmedia interesting empathy
- Memories Look At Me | Love | 56th BFI London Film Festival – A young woman (played by director Song Fang) visits her ageing parents in Nanjing and reflects for the first time on what it means to grow old.
tags: BFI LFF LondonFilmFestival
- Teddy Bear | Love | 56th BFI London Film Festival – A painfully shy bodybuilder looks for love far from his mother’s watchful eye.
tags: BFI LFF LondonFilmFestival
These are my links for January 20th through January 23rd:
- [toread] Dan O’Connell: I genuinely miss
great music TV | | Independent Arts – News, notes and quotes on the Arts world – Blogs – Hello you! I wrote a blog about our TV show for the @theindynews Last 3 shows are on Wednesday night, C4.
- Why the left needs to keep the faith | Hynd’s Blog – ‘Politics and religion should not mix’. This is the mantra that is lazily wheeled out by self congratulating lefties as they marvel in their own enlightened wisdom. I come across well meaning social progressives who openly shun the role of faith based organisations as either an evangelical force that should be scorned, or, at best, a tool by which individuals can act out their selfish desire to please the big man upstairs. This lingering stereotype of faith based organisations not only alienates billions around the world who see their faith as their primary moral compass but also pragmatically restricts social movement’s ability to bring about the change they are so desperate to see.
tags: politics religion peace cooperation
- Girls can love computing; someone just needs to show them how | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional – Thanks to the ubiquity of the internet and social media sites like Facebook, children and young adults, girls just as much as boys, now handle laptops and smartphones confidently, taking for granted their ability to use such highly complex technology without much effort.
Why is it then that the other end of this spectrum, the side which produces technology rather than just consuming it, is still widely regarded as a a "boys only" club?
tags: computer_science girls women technology
- Will Cameron’s call for popular films mean more silent comedies? | Stewart Lee | Comment is free | The Observer – David Cameron's advice to the British film industry is at odds with the nature of creativity
tags: stewartlee film uk
- Internet Regulation & the Economics of Piracy | Cato @ Liberty – One reason is that they already are recapturing much of that revenue through “complementary” purchases. As Oberholzer-Gee observes, recording industry numbers show large increases in concert revenues corresponding to the drop in recorded music sales. That suggests that, as people discover new artists by sampling downloaded albums online, they’re shifting consumption within the sector to live performances. In other words, people have a roughly constant “music budget,” and what they don’t spend on the albums they’ve downloaded gets spent on seeing that new band they discovered. For the firms that specifically make their money from the sale of recordings, that may seem like cold comfort, but if we’re concerned with the music industry as a whole, it’s a wash. Something similar might occur with respect to purchases of merchandise based on licensed film properties.
tags: piracy internet music film