These are my links for January 29th through January 30th:
- Hard and Soft Skills in Tech – NewCo Shift – I’ve recently seen a lot of very anxious responses from people in tech at anything which suggests that their “core skills” may be devalued, especially in favor of other skills which they haven’t spent their lives on. Most importantly, this shows up in the argument over “hard” versus “soft” skills. That anxiety is itself a signal of how important this has become.
tags: humanresources engineering technology team skills employment management softwareengineering
- Pope: Indifference a virus that is contagious in our time – Vatican News – “the enemy against which we fight is not only hatred in all of its forms, but even more fundamentally, indifference; for it is indifference that paralyzes and impedes us from doing what is right even when we know that it is right.”
I do not grow tired of repeating, he said “that indifference is a virus that is dangerously contagious in our time, a time when we are ever more connected with others, but are increasingly less attentive to others.”
tags: pope popefrancis indifference
- Reblog, Or: Little Radio Stations In The Night – MORNING, COMPUTER – I’ve seen the idea circulating for a while: come off the streams, own your own platform for your own voice and your own complete statements. It seems like a reactionary step, from some angles. But maybe that great river, The Conversation, was, like every river followed to its source, a dead end. The resurgence of the Republic Of Newsletters may be one aspect of a return to the ocean, dotted with little pirate radio stations broadcasting through the night again.
tags: blog blogging internet warrenellis
- Latin Dictionary and Grammar Resources – Latdict –
tags: language reference latin dictionary
- Mixxx – Free MP3 DJ Mixing Software – Mixxx has everything you need to start making DJ mixes in a tight, integrated package. Whether you're DJing your next house party, spinning at a club, or broadcasting as a radio DJ, Mixxx has what you need to do it right.
tags: audio music dj
These are my links for October 8th through November 29th:
These are my links for September 6th through September 16th:
These are my links for October 1st through October 25th:
These are my links for March 12th through March 13th:
- Small Apples – Home –
tags: RobertKazinsky blog
- The Christian Witness to the State (Mennonite Church, 1961) — GAMEO –
- Mennonites, Pacifism, and Patriarchy | messes of ben – One of the reasons I decided to join the Mennonite Church was its emphasis on peaceableness. More than the Evangelical Friends Church which I grew up in who focus on traditional evangelism which relies more on apologetics than action, the Mennonites have created many programs, books, curriculum, and everyday opportunities for its members to actively engage in peaceable and nonviolent activity.
tags: mennonite christian
- Christian Peacemaker Teams – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: peace peacemaking mennonite christian
- Direction: The Concept and Practice of Separation from the World in Mennonite Brethren History – First, the Anabaptist church-world dualism, which defined the relationship of the Mennonites to the state, had to weaken. Traditionally, Mennonites have shunned politics because they were citizens of a divided kingdom, and not of the “world.”
tags: anabaptist mennonite isolationist isolation dualism TwoKingdom
- Menno Simons – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: mennonite mennoSimons
- Theology of Anabaptism – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: religion mennonite anabaptist
- Anabaptist – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: religion anabaptist mennonite
- Mennonite – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: culture history religion mennonite
- Third Way Cafe (Who are the Mennonites?) – Third Way Media –
These are my links for January 24th through January 26th:
- Milliways Back Room – ATTN: I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST MOD POST –
tags: dreamwidth milliways
- The Aftermatter – Physics and maths that makes you think.
tags: blog physics maths
- The Forgiveness Project — Awareness Education Inspiration – The Forgiveness Project works at a local, national and international level to help build a future free of conflict and violence by healing the wounds of the past.
By collecting and sharing people's stories, and delivering outreach programmes, The Forgiveness Project encourages and empowers people to explore the nature of forgiveness and alternatives to revenge.
tags: activism community education forgiveness reconciliation
- The New French Hacker-Artist Underground | Magazine – his stealthy undertaking was not an act of robbery or espionage but rather a crucial operation in what would become an association called UX, for “Urban eXperiment.” UX is sort of like an artist’s collective, but far from being avant-garde—confronting audiences by pushing the boundaries of the new—its only audience is itself. More surprising still, its work is often radically conservative, intemperate in its devotion to the old. Through meticulous infiltration, UX members have carried out shocking acts of cultural preservation and repair, with an ethos of “restoring those invisible parts of our patrimony that the government has abandoned or doesn’t have the means to maintain.” The group claims to have conducted 15 such covert restorations, often in centuries-old spaces, all over Paris.
tags: france restoration urban paris tunnels activism art
- [toread] Warren Ellis » GUEST INFORMANT: Chip Zdarsky’s WATCHMEN 2 –
These are my links for October 13th through October 17th:
- [toread] Imperial Leisure: Death To The One Trick Pony | PledgeMusic –
- Tiger Beatdown › On Blogging, Threats, and Silence – Content note: This post includes excerpts of threats and abusive language.
tags: blogging feminism
- On being harassed: a little GF history and some current events | Geek Feminism Blog – What you’ll see there, if you brave the comment threads, are lots of attempts at derailing and 101 style conversations. For the most part, I deleted the particularly vile stuff, but you can bet there was some. After dealing with those comment threads, and those on subsequent related blog posts, I decided to create the GF blog. I wanted a group blog where, when I was exhausted by it all, I could get help from my co-bloggers.
tags: blog blogging feminism
- [toread] It’s 2011 — Why Is God Still Involved In American Politics? | Belief | AlterNet –
tags: politics religion gods secular church state
- Female Super-Hero Characters and Sex: Creators Explain How Comics Can Do Better – ComicsAlliance | Comic book culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews – There has been a lot of discussion — and controversy — recently about the presence of women in super-hero comics, both in terms of the relative lack of female creators and the problematic way that female characters are sometimes represented. We've heard numerous fans and professionals hashing out the issue, and asking what mainstream comics can do to improve the way female characters are written and drawn.
tags: comics women superheroes sex sexism male_gaze