These are my links for August 9th through August 11th:
These are my links for October 8th through November 29th:
- Elysium & Snowpiercer: exploding heads vs. rail sociology : Nostalgia For Infinity –
tags: elysium snowpiercer
- Catechism of the Catholic Church –
tags: catechism catholic catholicism reference
- Catechism of the Catholic Church –
tags: catholic catholicism reference religion catechism
- GAME – WL: SURVIVAL GUIDE –
tags: wastelands secondlife
- Known: a social publishing platform –
tags: blog blogging opensource publishing
These are my links for July 25th through July 30th:
- Last Call: Google Reader Dies Monday, Here Are The Best Alternatives – TechSpot –
- Best Google Reader Alternatives – 2013 RSS Readers – LAPTOP –
- Discrimination on grounds of religious belief and/or political opinion – BelfastTelegraph.co.uk –
tags: NorthernIreland thesisREF politics religion discrimination
- Questions about using Harvard APA –
- Rob Kazinsky Interview – Pacific Rim – YouTube –
tags: PacificRim ChuckHansen RobertKazinsky
- The Birth of a Police State: UK Police to be Granted Sweeping New Powers | Scriptonite Daily – The UK Government is about to pass legislation which will make any behaviour perceived to potentially ‘cause nuisance or annoyance’ a criminal offense.
tags: uk law
These are my links for July 30th through August 26th:
- hershadow comments on Frank Turner AMA –
tags: frankturner religion atheism music
- Who supported the Nightmare After Christmas show? –
tags: AFI nightmareAfterChristmas
- Weird Council: an International Conference on the Writing of China Miéville | Institute of English Studies –
- Coursera – Take the World's Best Courses, Online, For Free.
tags: education free learning online
- Casting Collective – Providing film extras, tv extras, supporting artistes and walk ons to the film, television, commercial & photographic industries – Casting Collective – Experts in extras and background casting for Film, TV, Commercials and the Photographic industries.
tags: acting extras film movie
These are my links for March 12th through March 13th:
- Small Apples – Home –
tags: RobertKazinsky blog
- The Christian Witness to the State (Mennonite Church, 1961) — GAMEO –
- Mennonites, Pacifism, and Patriarchy | messes of ben – One of the reasons I decided to join the Mennonite Church was its emphasis on peaceableness. More than the Evangelical Friends Church which I grew up in who focus on traditional evangelism which relies more on apologetics than action, the Mennonites have created many programs, books, curriculum, and everyday opportunities for its members to actively engage in peaceable and nonviolent activity.
tags: mennonite christian
- Christian Peacemaker Teams – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: peace peacemaking mennonite christian
- Direction: The Concept and Practice of Separation from the World in Mennonite Brethren History – First, the Anabaptist church-world dualism, which defined the relationship of the Mennonites to the state, had to weaken. Traditionally, Mennonites have shunned politics because they were citizens of a divided kingdom, and not of the “world.”
tags: anabaptist mennonite isolationist isolation dualism TwoKingdom
- Menno Simons – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: mennonite mennoSimons
- Theology of Anabaptism – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: religion mennonite anabaptist
- Anabaptist – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: religion anabaptist mennonite
- Mennonite – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia –
tags: culture history religion mennonite
- Third Way Cafe (Who are the Mennonites?) – Third Way Media –
These are my links for February 27th through March 2nd:
- hershadow comments on Frank Turner AMA – Hi Frank. I looked at your verification picture and really, I have only the one question.
- OnceInARow comments on Frank Turner AMA – What town has gotten the worse reaction to Glory Hallelujah?
tags: frankturner atheism gloryhallelujah religion
- [toread] Bullsh*t-Free Job Search Advice | Broke-Ass Stuart’s Goddamn Website – Bullsh*t-Free Job Search Advice I like this advice. It's simple and to the point.
- [toread] How We Met: Humphrey Ker & Dan Snow – Profiles – People – The Independent –
tags: dansnow humphreyker
- [toread] Historian Dan Snow claims Europeans are losing democracy – Worldnews.com –
- Dr. Sara Mednick | Take a Nap –
tags: health napping nap sleep tool
These are my links for January 31st through February 1st:
- Guy & Marian – Robin Hood Season 2 Episode 3 **SPOILERS** – YouTube –
tags: bbc bbcrobinhood robinhood 2×03 guyofgisborne maidmarian guyxmarian
- ROBIN HOOD Series Two, Episode Three Childhood –
tags: robinhood bbcrobinhood transcript 2×03 bbc
- [toread] women write about comics | seriously, a lot – Check out which has a big selection of essays on the topic of 'Women In Refrigerators: 13 Years Later'.
- Judaism 101: The Role of Women –
tags: philosophy religion judaism women
- On Being with Krista Tippett: religion, meaning, ethics, and ideas — on public radio and online [OnBeing.org] –
tags: audio news podcasts religion philosophy ethics
These are my links for January 28th through January 30th:
- [toread] Which Are More Legible: Serif or Sans Serif Typefaces? – alexpoole.info – So it seems there's no good evidence for serif or sans fonts being easier to read
- [toread] Locked in the Ivory Tower: Why JSTOR Imprisons Academic Research – Laura McKenna – Business – The Atlantic – Locked in the Ivory Tower: Why JSTOR Imprisons Academic Research. From @TheAtlantic: via @BrainPicker
- [priv] Life, extra crispy – Fic Post : Guy/Marian : NC-17 : (1/1) : I Never Said Sorry But I Honestly Meant To –
tags: guyofgisborne guyxmarian maidmarian fic fanfic robinhood
- United Religions Initiative – The Latest –
tags: peace united_religions_initiative interfaith harmony religion interfaith_harmony_week
- [toread] Untitled (http://pseudopod.org/2012/01/27/pseudopod-266-this-is-now/) – New! Audio adaptation of my short story THIS IS NOW at Pseudopod – pass it on:
These are my links for January 20th through January 23rd:
- [toread] Dan O’Connell: I genuinely miss
great music TV | | Independent Arts – News, notes and quotes on the Arts world – Blogs – Hello you! I wrote a blog about our TV show for the @theindynews Last 3 shows are on Wednesday night, C4.
- Why the left needs to keep the faith | Hynd’s Blog – ‘Politics and religion should not mix’. This is the mantra that is lazily wheeled out by self congratulating lefties as they marvel in their own enlightened wisdom. I come across well meaning social progressives who openly shun the role of faith based organisations as either an evangelical force that should be scorned, or, at best, a tool by which individuals can act out their selfish desire to please the big man upstairs. This lingering stereotype of faith based organisations not only alienates billions around the world who see their faith as their primary moral compass but also pragmatically restricts social movement’s ability to bring about the change they are so desperate to see.
tags: politics religion peace cooperation
- Girls can love computing; someone just needs to show them how | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional – Thanks to the ubiquity of the internet and social media sites like Facebook, children and young adults, girls just as much as boys, now handle laptops and smartphones confidently, taking for granted their ability to use such highly complex technology without much effort.
Why is it then that the other end of this spectrum, the side which produces technology rather than just consuming it, is still widely regarded as a a "boys only" club?
tags: computer_science girls women technology
- Will Cameron’s call for popular films mean more silent comedies? | Stewart Lee | Comment is free | The Observer – David Cameron's advice to the British film industry is at odds with the nature of creativity
tags: stewartlee film uk
- Internet Regulation & the Economics of Piracy | Cato @ Liberty – One reason is that they already are recapturing much of that revenue through “complementary” purchases. As Oberholzer-Gee observes, recording industry numbers show large increases in concert revenues corresponding to the drop in recorded music sales. That suggests that, as people discover new artists by sampling downloaded albums online, they’re shifting consumption within the sector to live performances. In other words, people have a roughly constant “music budget,” and what they don’t spend on the albums they’ve downloaded gets spent on seeing that new band they discovered. For the firms that specifically make their money from the sale of recordings, that may seem like cold comfort, but if we’re concerned with the music industry as a whole, it’s a wash. Something similar might occur with respect to purchases of merchandise based on licensed film properties.
tags: piracy internet music film
These are my links for December 11th through December 12th:
- My West London Life Interviews with Celebs & Creatives | West London Living –
tags: andrew_balkwill music
- Warwick | Philosophy | Associates | Roger Trigg –
- University of Oxford, Theology Faculty | Dr Roger Trigg –
- "Religion in Public Life: Must Faith be privatized?"# – Google Scholar –
tags: religion public private
- CETL- Assessment Resource Centre – A gobbet can often be a passage of literature, an image, a cartoon, a photograph, a map or an artefact which provides a context for analysis, translation or discussion in an assessment.
tags: gobbet analysis
- [toread] BBC – BBC Radio 3 Programmes – Private Passions, Dan Stevens – My Private Passions (which is a BBC Radio3 classical music show not a list of kinks…):