These are my links for January 13th through January 26th:
- MailPoet, a newsletter plugin for WordPress –
tags: plugin wordpress
- niqaeli | update on the backing shit up thing – I got recced a script that was effective and the backup archive pages are navigable and seem to show images properly, including those of posts that have been flagged.
tags: tumblr backup archive
- greywash | State of the Migration: On fannish archival catastrophes, and what happens next – First: let me start off by saying that it is very probable that Tumblr will back out of this particular bad idea. They often do. The pattern of fannish archival catastrophes at the hand of corporations almost always has five stages: 1) a sale, or rumored sale, of the platform; 2) falling or nonexistent profits; 3) pressure from (pick at least one) governments, morality warriors, and/or advertisers/other corporate interests; 4) the actual fannish archival catastrophe, caused by a change in the TOS or in the enforcement of the TOS, which itself frequently comes in multiple stages; and 5) a second sale of the platform.
tags: tumblr fandom dreamwidth livejournal history
- Guide to kuih – Our love for pandan, gula Melaka, coconut milk and all things sweet had us chasing down dangerously addictive Malay and Nyonya kuih. We munched our way through trays of kuih to bring you Time Out’s ultimate guide to these colourful cakes, snacks and desserts in the city.
tags: kuih food malaysian malaysia
- Why I’m done with Chrome – A Few Thoughts on Cryptographic Engineering – A few weeks ago Google shipped an update to Chrome that fundamentally changes the sign-in experience. From now on, every time you log into a Google property (for example, Gmail), Chrome will automatically sign the browser into your Google account for you. It’ll do this without asking, or even explicitly notifying you.
tags: privacy google
These are my links for December 17th through January 13th:
- Lexicity – The first and only comprehensive index for ancient language resources on the internet.
tags: education language reference resources
- Microwaves Are the Key to Mochi and Muah Chee at Home | TASTE – A Chinese version of the more popular Japanese mochi, muah chee is arguably the superior rice cake, as instead of having a limited amount of filling on the inside, it is rolled in a peanut and sesame crumb, then topped with more of that crack-like crumb. This version further simplifies the cooking process, using a microwave instead of the more traditional steaming/boiling method, with near-identical results!
tags: recipes malaysian malaysia recipe
- British Academy lectures | The British Academy – A record of most lectures is available – as a video or audio recording, or (in due course) as a text article (see note on the ‘Dissemination of British Academy lectures’). The available options for each lecture can be found via the lecture series lists (below).
tags: britishacademy lecture
- How Accurate Are the Sex Scenes in The Favourite? – I think it’s really important to understand the very different ways in which people at different times lived socially together. When we reduced chosen kinship to marriage, it put an awful lot of pressure on marriage. When you look at it in a historical perspective, you’re like: no wonder 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, all that social pressure beyond the biological family is put on marriage, it’s supposed to bear everything, whereas people used to have all these other forms of sworn kinship that allowed them to have different kinds of intimacies and securities. So it’s really interesting to me to encounter societies in which there is no expectation that marriage should answer all of your sexual and intellectual and comedic needs.
tags: history family marriage samesex relationships
- TumblThree – A Tumblr Backup Application | www.jzab.de – TumblThree is the code rewrite of TumblTwo, a free and open source Tumblr blog backup application, using C# with WPF and the MVVM pattern. It uses the Win Application Framework (WAF). It downloads photo, video, audio and text posts from a given tumblr blog.
These are my links for February 22nd through August 2nd:
- The Internet Radio Forum – Index –
tags: reciva internetradio radio internet
- Komplete : Samplers : Kontakt 5 Player | Products – KONTAKT PLAYER is a free application that runs all Native Instruments’ KONTAKT instruments, as well as third-party products made for the platform.
tags: software music audio
- Spitfire Audio — British Drama Toolkit – We can’t write your music for you, but we can help you find your voice. The outstanding British Drama Toolkit provides the most instinctive, immediate and intense connection to the heart of your composition. Created in collaboration with composer Samuel Sim, it features an ensemble dedicated to the emotionally potent sound he is lauded for – but also presents a unique way of interacting with the players, which sets this instrument apart from anything we have created to date. This is not just a group that plays your music; it helps you compose it.
tags: music software composition audio
- BandLab Technologies × Cakewalk | Important Announcement – For more than 30 years, Cakewalk has been the leading developer of powerful and thoughtfully designed products for the modern musician.
Millions of musicians worldwide—including Grammy® and Emmy®-winning producers, composers, sound designers, and engineers—have used Cakewalk products to produce audio for the professional music, film, broadcast, and video game industries.
tags: audio editor free software music
- WordPress Intro and FAQs – DreamHost –
tags: reference wordpress tutorial Tutorials
- Let’s Encrypt – Free SSL/TLS Certificates – Let’s Encrypt is a free, automated, and open Certificate Authority.
tags: free opensource security
- The Disconnect – The Disconnect is an offline-only, digital magazine of commentary, fiction, and poetry. Each issue forces you to disconnect from the internet, giving you a break from constant distractions and relentless advertisements.
tags: design inspiration internet magazine
- The Curry Puffs That Unite Generations | TASTE –
tags: recipe recipes malaysian
- Font Pair – Helps you pair Google Fonts together –
tags: design font fonts google typography
- Onym – Onym is a vast, well-researched collection of resources and tools all about the art of naming things – products, companies, your next pet, whatever.
tags: names naming tools
- How i made that Mirror at the Bazaar Dungeon. – Loki – Digital Mischief Maker –
tags: apps cms publishing text web
- WP Movie Ratings – Paweł Gościcki –
tags: wordpress plugin plugins
- The easiest way to find the perfect outfit | ShopLook –
tags: fashion polyvore
- Second Life — Marketplace Stores Blacklist – Google Sheets –
tags: secondlife sl:shopping sl:Wastelands Wastelands
- Varusteleka.com – Military and outdoors specialists –
tags: shopping clothes military
- Home | URSTYLE –
tags: fashion polyvore
- Mullvad –
tags: privacy proxy security vpn
- For Two Months, I Got My News From Print Newspapers. Here’s What I Learned. – The New York Times – I have spent most days since then getting the news mainly from print, though my self-imposed asceticism allowed for podcasts, email newsletters and long-form nonfiction (books and magazine articles). Basically, I was trying to slow-jam the news — I still wanted to be informed, but was looking to formats that prized depth and accuracy over speed.
It has been life changing. Turning off the buzzing breaking-news machine I carry in my pocket was like unshackling myself from a monster who had me on speed dial, always ready to break into my day with half-baked bulletins.
tags: journalism news newspapers
- Trump and the Evangelical Temptation – The Atlantic – the primary evangelical political narrative is adversarial, an angry tale about the aggression of evangelicalism’s cultural rivals. In a remarkably free country, many evangelicals view their rights as fragile, their institutions as threatened, and their dignity as assailed. The single largest religious demographic in the United States—representing about half the Republican political coalition—sees itself as a besieged and disrespected minority. In this way, evangelicals have become simultaneously more engaged and more alienated.
- Email Charter – We're drowning in email. And the many hours we spend on it are generating ever more work for our friends and colleagues. We can reverse this spiral only by mutual agreement.
Hence this Email Charter.
tags: internet productivity email
- Rasa Malaysia: Easy Delicious Recipes –
tags: recipe recipes malaysia malaysian
- Malaysian Recipe Ideas, Videos, Cooking Tips · Nyonya Cooking –
tags: recipe recipes malaysia malaysian nyonya