- @ladderax_1 He said she was a big influence at a reading/discussion today. I WANT FAMOUS FIVE WITH WEIRD in reply to ladderax_1 ->
- @ladderax_1 YES. I went to this: http://t.co/N7zrxvy3 in reply to ladderax_1 ->
- @ladderax_1 IT WAS! Although Mieville is like.. a fidget monster. Whose joints crack really really loudly. in reply to ladderax_1 ->
- “The Gun” by Sparrow and the Workshop is my new jam. ♫ http://t.co/arJVQRKM #thisismyjam ->
- @ladderax_1 Prob a combo of my superhearing and a small auditorium. So fidgety, the other authors teased him about it during the break. in reply to ladderax_1 ->
- @angermuller @ALEC_EMPIRE Surely it's ok if you've slipped a few extra espresso shots in everyone's coffee…? in reply to angermuller ->
- ♥ One Day by Sharon Van Etten #lastfm: http://t.co/0WeGLUAt ->
- @neilhimself Invisible microwave for invisible tv dinners. in reply to neilhimself ->
- @understood BACON is my new jam. :D:D in reply to understood ->
- @danielguntrip @Nikki @Mewtwo100Willy OH man. And he's giving the normal Second Life users (there are some of us) a bad name too. in reply to danielguntrip ->
- @danielguntrip A million @ replies from people who don't even realise that it's spelt "Nicki" in reply to danielguntrip ->
- @RealDysonator @stevexfm Looks like a pocket text. An unhappy pocket text. in reply to RealDysonator ->
- @JayneLut My Dad and I found a forgotten handbag in Cambridge once and got a nice card from the lady who had lost it. in reply to JayneLut ->
- Is that… Chris Pine in CSI:Miami? ->
- @eoincmacken Only from staring in too many lights? in reply to eoincmacken ->
- @JamesHunt I assumed that you had seen Magneto – complete with helmet and cape. in reply to JamesHunt ->
These are my links for February 15th through February 18th:
- [toread] Social Text: Periscope: Socialist Irrealism: an interview with China Miéville – Known for his radical fictive speculation, China Miéville is also fiercely engaged with radical politics–he stood for the House of Commons as candidate for the Socialist Alliance in the 2001 UK general election–and so is often asked about the relationship between his politics and his writing. He explains that he makes an important distinction between writing fiction to make political points and writing with a political perspective.
tags: china_mieville fiction politics
- [toread] >>Nostalgia For Infinity – The Uncanny in China Miéville’s “New Weird”: An Examination of Perdido Street Station and The Scar (December 2003) – In the course of this essay we shall examine the Weird Fiction of China Miéville, considering it as Uncanny literature. We will also consider the advent of the “New Weird”, specifically in how this relates to the Uncanny.
tags: china_mieville shauncgreen uncanny newweird sciencefiction scifi fiction essay
- What Size Am I? – Finding clothes that fit shouldn't be so hard. Add your measurements here to find out which high-street sizes are best for you.
tags: clothes clothing cool shopping fashion women
- The Hobbit: Deciphering Dwarf Documents « Heirs of Durin – Having discovered the highest resolution images yet of Bilbo holding the contract which Thorin and Co. wrote (see end of post), I’ve spent more time than I’ll admit trying to work out what it says. You think Bilbo looks perplexed? I might have had better luck with the Dead Sea Scrolls. My findings are based on some visible evidence, and a whole lot of guesswork. Even so, the truly Hobbit/Dwarf-obsessed will be interested in what I’ve been able to discern, and perhaps will continue the study on their own.
tags: hobbit hobbitmovie dwarven bilbo bilbobaggins
- [toread] What’s your perfect fitting top, skirt and dress on the highstreet? | News | guardian.co.uk – We all know that there's no such thing as a size 10. But I'm a computer programmer as well as a fashion fan, so I built a website to beat the sizing madness
tags: data statistics women clothes fashion retail
For anyone who plays or used to play at milliways_bar and hasn’t been following the back room lately: Milliways is moving to Dreamwidth!
They’re using the opportunity to free up many old and retired characters for play, as well as to preserve as much of Milliways’ history on Dreamwidth as possible against the possibility of LJ going kersplut.
To decide what will happen to your character, help back up the game to Dreamwidth, and to see how you’ll retain control over all your content, head on over here.
- @MadeFromCorpses Also the tax on my car is £20 in reply to MadeFromCorpses ->
- @SuntaTempleton Happy Birthday! in reply to SuntaTempleton ->
- @MadeFromCorpses It's powered by sunshine and unicorns. Baby unicorns. in reply to MadeFromCorpses ->
- @MadeFromCorpses Surprisingly, not really. So long as you have a hacksaw and a blender. in reply to MadeFromCorpses ->
- @MadeFromCorpses Your blender sucks. in reply to MadeFromCorpses ->
- @ceitfianna prob in about 5 hours or so, if i'm still mostly awake when i get home. ->