- @JamesHunt I feel like when I was a kid they weren’t wrapped, but now that I’m such a pain in the neck to think of… https://t.co/3ySrONr2Kh in reply to JamesHunt ->
- RT @rachsyme: dear editors in 2020 I dream of writing a feature about the secret history of hydropathy in the early part of the 20th centur… ->
- RT @tprstly: Annual reminder that if you’ve bought your kids a games console to plug it in now, update all the software, even pre-install t… ->
- Mum has offered to me a drink containing two things I do not like to consume – alcohol and egg. ->
- She’s only known me the full time I’ve been on the planet and also knows all the ways I find eggs (in egg-tasting things) to be acceptable. in reply to herdivineshadow ->
- (poached, soft-boiled, hard-boiled but mashed with salad cream for mayonnaise is an abomination, in omelette form c… https://t.co/J0NbLQb1K5 in reply to herdivineshadow ->
- (I love how my Mum can devour 18 raw oysters in one sitting, but cannot bear to watch me eat steak tartare) in reply to herdivineshadow ->
- @RockLordsRock if there is no egg white, i might try it but inevitably there is always egg white and it is a disappointment in reply to RockLordsRock ->
- @ChrisHewitt I would watch this for sure in reply to ChrisHewitt ->
- RT @PhelpsieSarah: EVERYONE STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND WATCH THIS https://t.co/SoZYH7nSHO ->
- RT @RebeccaRennerFL: Good: Buying books.
Better: Reading the books you have before you buy more.
Best: Continuing to buy books until your… ->
- @hauntologies introductory Christmas card? in reply to hauntologies ->
Or actually, not really. Just some minor griping about some stuff going on with the local church.
The priest at my church has had to go away for some sort of personal reasons, but the really interesting thing is how he and other priests belonging to their particular group keep going about a bunch of things – like they’re laying the groundwork for their own inability to remain as parish priests at my church.
The first thing seems to be kind of an obsession with the devil – how they can sense something at the church. What it really sound like, is a preoccupation with satan coupled with the new experience of living in a very quiet area, in a house that creaks like a normal house of its age, having previously only lived in busy cities and/or in community.
Then they’re convinced there is a witch down the road up to no good against them and the church.
And then… going on and on about how various parish priests have come to the church, gotten sick and then died. Which might work when told to some people, but doesn’t work when told to people who have known our parish priests very well over the years. The priests who were sick all arrived with existing health problems (and they conveniently neglect to remember a recent priest who is very much alive, appears hale and healthy but the rest of us know he has had lung problems for a long time) or just got old, and the normal things that come with old age occurred (also forgetting the priest who baptised me at our church who is now both extremely old but also, still alive lol).
Like, guys, the thing that there is in common about the priests who seem to have problems with satan at church are that you belong to this one group and like, you don’t seem to have enough faith or trust in God that He will take care of you which is like a big problem when you are a priest.
And don’t get me started on how saving money is apparently more important than saving souls.