- RT @Botanygeek: If you need a laugh*.
Discovered a guy on YouTube that dubs Disney films into Singlish. (Singaporean patois that blends Vi… ->
- @hauntologies i am here for man for uncle 5eva in reply to hauntologies ->
- @canada_bear I have purchased the customary lottery ticket for my mum in reply to canada_bear ->
- @hauntologies I have really been enjoying Gastropod. I feel like I was listening to Spilled Milk before but then too many pods happened in reply to hauntologies ->
It’s not quite time for my end of year film list (since I have at least one new film left to watch this year) but there have been things I’ve been thinking about writing down for probably a month now and just haven’t so here are some of those things.
- I read an article about morning routine stories and how the right kind of morning routine is supposed to be able to make you more productive and how recently they’ve kind of morphed into a kind of self-care space and then went on to talk other ideas developing on from that. My weekday morning routine is to wake at 7am, visit the bathroom, fill my water bottle, put out my cereal bar and make a cup of tea that I then take upstairs and put on the bedside table. Then I get right on back into bed and go to sleep until the radio turns on at 7.30am and I find that past-me has kindly made now-me a cup of tea.
And then like, get ready for work, leave the house, blah blah blah.
- Still haven’t gotten the crib down from on top of the wardrobe to set it up downstairs for Christmas. Feels like it will be a lot of effort, although it will be the same amount of effort that it is every year and it’s just me that changes. The last couple of months have been kind of vague-feeling and I’ve been studiously ignoring it and buying tickets for things to look forward to instead. One week left until the days start getting longer again, maybe that will help too.
- The election. Ugh. That’s not helped. I don’t get how people can throw the poor, sick, vulnerable, marginalised etc under the bus and for what? The people I know who’ve voted Conservative are certainly not going to profit from it and just, ugh. So many things. Briefly looked into whether emigrating to Germany or the Netherlands was possible. Considered moving to Scotland. Thought about the religious life again (although that’s a thing I think about on and off and just haven’t ruled out). And being right about what the new government will do doesn’t even have the satisfaction of being able to say “I told you so” because it will be a tragedy. I suppose a Conservative vote is a selfish vote but how does being selfish uplift society? If we don’t help everyone up, even a little bit, then how can we progress and make great new discoveries? I guess I watch too much Star Trek.
- I basically need a TV channel that is Agatha Christie all the time. All the Marples. David Suchet’s Poirot. Tommy and Tuppence. Just that and nothing else.
- I’d probably take a bird table livestream too.
- If the psychiatric hospitals hadn’t been shut down 20-odd years ago, would the mental health of the nation be better now? I don’t know the answer to that, but the resource would be there at least.
- Of course, I can’t remember most of the things I was thinking about writing down for the last month.