These are my links for August 22nd through September 5th:
- Purdue OWL: MLA Formatting and Style Guide –
tags: howto referencing
- SIMMSpace – Online Dissertation Binding (Postgraduate) –
tags: thesis binding
- Why film schools teach screenwriters not to pass the Bechdel test — The Hathor Legacy – While writing Female characters exist to promote male leads for network profits, I realized something I had never quite put together in so many words. It’s important enough to deserve its own article (thanks, Bellatrys!), so here it is: my screenwriting professors taught me not to write scripts that passed the Bechdel/Mo Movie Measure/”Dykes To Watch Out For” test, and I can tell you why, and this needs to be known.
tags: culture feminism film writing gender
- Foreign Film Week: Female Empowerment, a Critique of Patriarchy…Is ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon’ the Most Feminist Action Film Ever? | Bitch Flicks – Can an action film portray exquisitely choreographed fighting
scenes, badass fully dimensional ladies, tragic romantic love and make a searing social
statement? Yes, yes, yes. One of my favorite films, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is an undoubtedly feminist action
film with a potent gender commentary woven throughout.
tags: women film feminism CrouchingTigerHiddenDragon
- Feedly v17 requires re-login with every visit in Opera 12.16 – Opera browser – Opera Community –
tags: feedly google opera